Sunday, September 18, 2011

L'Oreal's Voluminous Million Lashes: Review

While browsing Superstore's cosmetic section, I came across the L'Oreal's mascara stand.
I stopped to take a look because I was in need of a new mascara to use after I had run out of the Missha Style 3D (which I liked~). I was drawn to the Voluminous Million Lashes mascara immediately because it came bundled with a Voluminous eyeliner! BUY ONE GET ONE? SCORE! To top it off it was only $10.99 for both so of course I had to give it a try- what can I lose with 2 products for under $11?

The Voluminous Million Lashes came in 4 colours: Black, Carbon Black, Blackest Black, and Waterproof. I chose Waterproof because of the upcoming rainy autumn Vancouver weather.

Here are some pictures of the mascara & eyeliner:

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Waterproof
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Wand
L'Oreal Voluminous Eyeliner in Black
I've been using this mascara for a good week now and I'm really enjoying it. The consistency is not too wet and not too dry, which is good for Asian lashes. If it's too wet, it will UNCURL my lashes and make them stick downwards undoing my curling process. Since it was a good consistency, it kept my stubborn Asian lashes curled for the whole day (AMAZING!).

It's also proven to be waterproof because it won't come off without an oil-based makeup remover. I can't say that it made my lashes much longer -but I guess it doesn't claim to- yet it's definitely made them thicker and more voluminous. NOW YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE THEM! O-M-G! I don't mind that they don't look much longer because I hate it when girl's put on mascara and they look like SPIDER LEGS ON THEIR EYES!!! And don't get me started on ridiculous fake lashes- but that's another post...

Definitely no problems with clumping due to the million bristles L'Oreal put on the wand, and the best part is I never had to reapply throughout the day.

My usual makeup routine is very simple and I don't usually wear eye makeup (besides mascara) unless I'm going out for a fancy dinner or something, so I haven't had a chance to try the eyeliner yet. It is however felt tip,  like a sharpie, and not a brush like I had imagined.

And these are pictures of the result (IGNORE that random hair! I swear I pinned it up, lol):





1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is super helpful! Just what I was looking for -- I have Asian lashes and I just want that natural look where they are visible and fluttery (nothing to falsie-dramatic) I can't wait to try it =)

    Did you have to comb through with a lash comb or anything after?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I'd love it if you leave me a comment :)
Feel free to leave your blog link- I'll definitely check it out!