Monday, December 12, 2011

OM NOMS: Prestons Over The Weekend

Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

Mine was extra special because I had an anni with the bf~ To celebrate, we went to a modern + Asian fusion restaurant Downtown called Prestons, situated inside the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel.
It's funny because I work literally a block away from the restaurant but I never knew it was there!

Massimo Dutti trench coat (more on trenches here); Suzy Shier scarf;
Rebecca Minkoff Quilted Swing in Pale Gold (here in black) 

Prestons had a very cool, romantic ambience inside and the hostess was very friendly when she showed us to our table. Our menu was super interesting too! It was made out of some kind of cork material? At least that's what it felt like. And I don't know about you, but I really like feeling the way something feels. Touchy feely kinda person, haha.



Appies: Prawn Gyoza & Seared Scallops (for him) and Prestons Poutine (for me). Both were yum! I had the biggest poutine craving since the last 2 times I tried to get poutine the shops were just closing. So that was an easy choice ;) Safe to say both were devoured pretty quickly.

Prawn Gyoza & Seared Scallops (with a Miso Vinaigrette)

Prestons Poutine (Crispy French Fries, Quebec Cheese Curds, Rickards Red Gravy)

Mains: BC Halibut Wrapped in Bacon (for him) and Grilled Lamb (for me). These were a hit as well! The halibut was nice a juicy, and you can't go wrong with bacon. The bf didn't leave any thing on his plate (except the carrot, but we both don't like cooked carrots!) so it's safe to assume he liked it! The lamb, which I ordered rare-ish, came rare-ish, which is RARE lol. Often times restaurants overcook your meat, so I was glad they made it how I wanted it. The lamb was very tender and I enjoyed it very much.

BC Halibut Wrapped In Bacon (with Creamed Leeks, Quinoa, Honey Shallot Jus)

Grilled Lamb (with Spicy Chorizo and Fingerling Potato Hash, Red Wine Vinaigrette)

Here we are with our food :)


Overall we had a great time here. Wonderful service, great food. I would definitely recommend it.
Don't forget to check out their menu online :)

8 comments:

  1. I always ask for rare meats and I can name the number of times I've gotten anything rarer than medium rare on one hand. Grr!

    The train case is from Zellers. I know they sell them at Sephora and online, but the former is $$ and the latter has expensive shipping. Mine was the second largest size and around $30-40, I think. I wish I had bought the biggest one ...

    Post a pic of your makeup collection! I'd love to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Emily: Thanks for the info! My makeup collection is pretty lacklustre, haha. Maybe when I organize it I'll do a makeup post too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about this place too! It looks so yummy, I defs want to check it out. I'm a Vancouver fashion blogger as well :) us vancouverites gotta stick together ;) Love your outfits! and i'm currently following !

    http://acupofhautestyle.blogspot.com

    -xoxo-
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I used to work near here too! I had no idea it was Asian fusion! The name does not give a clue :p Glad to hear you had a great meal though and you two look adorbs together. Happy anni :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (^ Had a bit of an oops with the previous comment!)

    Congrats on your anni Vonnie! :)

    The food looks sooo delicious: poutine + grilled lamb!!! It's past 12am and my mouth is watering just looking at your pictures. I will definitely be having dinner here sometime soon!

    I recently switched blogs =) I hope you don't mind checking my new (fused with old) blog out if you have the time!
    http://ticklemeblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lauren: Thanks <3
    @Jordana: Definitely check it out :)
    @Lori: Haha :) All the best & support for your new blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary, Vonnie! Mine's actually this weekend so ours are close together! Glad the food was great :)

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I'd love it if you leave me a comment :)
Feel free to leave your blog link- I'll definitely check it out!