Friday, February 3, 2012

Popcorn At The Movies

Yesterday I got the chance to watch This Means War (starring Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Tom Hardy) two weeks before its in theatres, courtesy of Niki from A Haute Mess! The movie plot was pretty simple: two spies using their spy tactics to win over the same girl. It had action, comedy and romance- can't get better than that! I really enjoyed it and it made me laugh out loud so many times throughout the showing. It was especially awesome recognizing all the places in the movie because it was filmed in Vancouver! Were any of you guys there? Did you catch the Balenciaga bag that Chelsea Handler (Trish) was carrying?

I thought it was only appropriate to wear my Popcorn knit sweater from Old Navy that a purchased a week ago. I called customer service and mentioned there was a snag in it, but also noticed the price went down online. The friendly sales agent quickly gave me a price adjustment and an extra 10% off for the snag, and sent me a new one so this baby was only $8!

Old Navy cropped popcorn knit sweater (US, Canada); Wholesale7 chiffon tunic (here);
J Brand x Hussein Chalayan pants (here); Aldo 'Doiley' boots (here); The Sak 'Silverlake' convertible satchel (here)

The sweater feels nice and soft, and is cropped at a nice length on me so it's not too short and not too long. The colour (sawdust) is very neutral so I can pretty much wear it with anything!




The bag is by The Sak. It's one of my favourite bags of all time. It has the softest, squishiest, and thickest leather you can ever come by, and has a very modest price for a bag of such quality. IMO, the leather is better than MBMJ bags and that says a lot because I really like MBMJ leather. The Sak is definitely an underrated brand that has some great stuff.

This one, the Silverlake satchel, is especially nice because it can be used both as a shoulder bag and a hand bag. I mostly use it over the shoulder but it's nice to be able to change it up once in a while. I'm also thinking of make a custom strap for it so I can use it as a cross-body bag too.


I flipped the collar from the tunic up and over the neckline of the sweater. Normally, it looks like this, kinda flappy-ish, but I pinned them down so they wouldn't move. I think it's cute that way! It's like those faux collars that have been everywhere lately.


Anyway, I had a lot of fun watching This Means War. It was a very enjoyable flick so definitely check it out!~

9 comments:

  1. i love your bag, it's gorgeous :)
    veronika
    www.livinginwinterpeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Oh yes, the perfect occasion for that sweater. Love the way you layered.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the boots and the bag! This Means War sounds like a great movie for a ladies night out :P xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great sweater, it looks like it was made to wear with the tunic.
    Nice to see you looking happy again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. like this sweater, love your look!

    http://rueoh.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to watch this movie too!

    It looks silly and funny and like good entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you styled the sweater!! I'm inspired.  It works great that it's on the shorter side, all the better to layer with! :)

    Julia
    Cup of Tea
    http://cupoftea-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute sweater!
    http://creativelystylish.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I'd love it if you leave me a comment :)
Feel free to leave your blog link- I'll definitely check it out!